Viber: Secure Chats & Calls
by: Viber Media SARL. • 189.6K
Viber is an app that lets you both give and receive voicecalls using VoIP over 3G/4G or WiFi connection. What’s more, it contains a cross-platform push text messages service that lets you send and receive text messages from your contacts around the world. Let’s see how it does work.
After downloading the app, it asks you for permission to access your phonebook. It automatically integrates your phonebook to Viber contact list, and identifies who of them is already using Viber. Anyway, if they aren’t using them you can send an invitation via SMS, Whatsapp or other similar services.
While the contacts you want to give a call to, don’t have Viber installed, you can call them, send SMS (or other messaging service), send them an e-mail or chat by using Windows Live. Once they’ve installed Viber, you will be able to call them through Viber or send them a push text messages. That easy.
Since it’s a service that uses your phone connection, its performance depends on the quality of the connection. If you’re over 3G/4G and you’re moving, you will probably notice line issues or you won’t even be able to connect. Over WiFi it works great, except for a minimum delay on the line and echo. Regarding quality sound, it isn’t perfect, but it’s the best quality sound we’ve reported in this kind of apps so far.
Viber is set in a good-looking white&purple layout and user-friendly interface. A tab bar on the bottom includes: “recents” (call log), “contacts” (list), “keypad” (dialer), “messages”, “more” (settings, about and sharing). From settings you can choose your preferences about notifications sounds, vibration, icons, and much more.
Viber ins’t perfect, but it has been one of the most successful apps on iOS and it’s no coincidence. Viber is based on VoIP, a real revolution concerning calling that allows you to call to contacts from around the World and, this is the best part, for FREE. Must have.
Tags: viber , viber app review , viber chat sign up , sound of viber application , how to zoom image in viber , free viber , for viber video , viber viber , viber free downoald
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Aug 08, 2013
Connect freely with over 900M users worldwide!
Viber is a free messaging and calling app that keeps you connected to anyone in the world through your Internet connection*. It’s the most expressive way to keep in touch with your loved ones and connect with anyone worldwide!
Choose a contact from your phone book or simply enter a phone number to add a new contact on Viber. Make audio or video calls, text, share photos and videos, express yourself with thousands of stickers to choose from, record audio messages and even send files.
● Group chat - Create groups with up to 250 participants and “like” messages when you don’t have time to reply
● Hassle-free, long-distance calls - Free international calling without having to set up a username or provide login information
● Voice or video - When voice isn’t enough, turn the video on! Enjoy the same HD-quality sound while having a face-to-face
● Instant video messages - Tap and hold the instant video icon to capture the moment with 30-second videos, release to send.
● Secured communications and trusted contacts - All messages and calls are protected by end-to-end encryption. Manually authenticate contacts to be sure you’re talking to the right person
● Express yourself with stickers - Choose from a selection of thousands of stickers to say exactly what you mean
● “Damage control” - Delete messages you regret sending
● Hidden chats - Hide the chats you don’t want to be visible in your chat list and access them later with a PIN
● Public Accounts - Chat with your favorite brands, businesses and personalities. Follow them for news and updates; subscribe to get direct messages
● And much, much more - games, share contacts and location, see message information including who has seen and liked your messages
Install and start connecting now!
Follow Viber to see what's up:
Viber - www.viber.com/viber
Facebook - http://facebook.com/viber
Twitter - http://twitter.com/viber
(*) Viber uses your Internet connection. Wi-Fi is suggested for the best experience. Data charges may apply where you are connected through your network data plan.
Viber Out Subscriptions (a bundle of minutes to call a specific destination) purchased in-app and renew monthly or weekly depending on your plan :
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of your selected plan above.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings on the device.
Viber is part of the Rakuten Group, a world leader in e-commerce and financial services.